Monday, February 23, 2009

Get a blog up you

I've finally cracked. First I caved in and watched Back to the Future. Then I got a mobile phone. Now I've got a blog. My parents will soon be worrying about the future popularity of people setting themselves on fire. I've always loved what other people do.

If you're wondering, I settled on the name "Seadog Blog" on the strict criterion that it was available. I'd investigated a variety of names, including "The Nervous System" and "Kermit the Blog." Both were taken, but neither have been active since soon after Y2K ended the world. (Remember that? Horrible.) I'm now wondering whether I should have perhaps chosen "Bjorn Blog." The only pleasure I get from the name of my blog (besides the fact that it's mine) is the possibility that it will - at some indeterminate point in the future - deny someone else the possibility of using it. I hope it crushes them. 

I didn't use to be this nasty. Blogging has done it to me.

3 comments:

  1. and yet you didn't name your whole blog 'get a blog up you'. perhaps it was already taken...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't check - but I have now. It IS available. Is it your blog, Blamo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that nasty thing too. But I don't think I am being nasty.

    You know, one can actually play noughts and crosses with your "followers" now. And emilyjem already has a conveniently placed cross right in the middle.

    ReplyDelete